Wednesday, December 18, 2013

second copy of artsist statement.


Artist Statement, Lexi Bueno- 3rd


  Why I do what I do? The main goal of my art is to express my feelings, opinion, and thoughts in a symbolist way. I really like to express myself in a secret way that maybe only I can understand or maybe even encourage others to look at a certain subject in a certain way that they never have before. One of my favorite things about art is getting to look at how others display their thoughts and emotions through a piece of art. It’s such a beautiful thing. It also interests me greatly to hear and read about how a sculpture or picture can portray such deep and detailed emotions that maybe you have never imagined. So that is a main goal of mine is to portray that to other people and to have them look at my life or views and perspective for just a few minutes.
    
The way I make decisions when doing my work and what determines what materials I use, is the goal that I’m trying to get across.  For example if I’m doing a more sensitive subject or something touchy and meaningful I’ll probably use light colors and sensitive materials. Clearly to get my point across. Also with my art if it’s a more blunt and straight to the point project I’ll probably use things that are more bold and straight out there. I have used several different medias through my three years and art but I have to say my favorite and the one I found more useful and works best has to be Paper Mache’. I tend to find this very useful because it stays hard and is usually in destructive. But despite that factor it is very useful in molding and being able to shape it to whatever you want to do with it. There for it’s my favorite. Clay is also a very fun material to use but I don’t find it as useful in sculpture because it breaks and is fragile other than paper Mache.
  
   Last but not least, about my art. I have done several projects throughout my years and I have learned and picked up on many techniques. The one I am using currently involved with paper Mache’ and crayons. I am using this to create a globed shape, out of crayons to show “the world” and the crayons represent people as for the population. And normal and perfectly fine crayons going into the top and then coming out of the bottom of the “globe” is used, and broken and sometimes still normal crayons to show symbolism. That people go into the world new and come out shaped and then some come straight through. This shows my main point in the first paragraph, of showing perspective and trying to get a point across in a obvious but not so obvious way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment